Torbole sul Garda - History
The first historical evidence of the existence of Torbole dates back to the Neolithic period. In 1493 the Venetians, in their search for naval dominance on Lake Garda, came up the River Adige to Mori, passing through the Valle del Cameràs with a fleet of 25 barges and 6 galleys and crossing Lake Loppio until they reached Lake Garda, using logs and oxen. Following an initial defeat in 1439, the Venetians defeated the Visconti in 1440 and managed to conquer Riva del Garda. The evidence of this undertaking can be seen on the walls of the old road that goes from Nago to Torbole.
During the First World War, like other towns in the area, Nago – Torbole was evacuated. During the Second World War, all the towns of Trentino – Alto Adige became part of the Third Reich, later, in 1958, it found its autonomy.